We Are Open & Providing All General Dentistry Care!
At Smile SF, here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe.
In the past few weeks, as mandated and recommended by our governing bodies (CDC, OSHA, and our State dental association), we had limited our practice to emergency care, but now, we are very happy to announce that our doors are once again open to non-urgent (but important!) care.
As we reclaim as much of our “normal every-day life,” we know that Covid-19 is still at the forefront of everyone’s thoughts. We understand the stresses this may bring. Part of every-day life includes excellent oral hygiene – at home and at our practice. With pandemic, many of our patients’ re-care schedules have fallen behind and it’s now time to catch up. And here’s some vital information…
Your dental visits are an important part of staying healthy and we want you to know what we’re doing to keep you safe.
Please know that we have always followed the strictest safety protocols. Our office meets and exceeds all local, state, ADA and CDC recommendation for infection control. We’ve always and will continue to be vigilant about protecting your health. During this time, we’ve heightened our already stringent safety standards. We have put in place a pre-screening interview with all patients prior to their visit and are following the protocol below.
- We ask you to notify us by text or phone when you arrive outside of our door at the time of your appointment.
- We will conduct a touch free temperature screening of all patients prior to entering our office.
- We like to limit the number of people in our wait room at one time and to minimize your time spent in the office we encourage all new patients to complete and submit your intake forms online prior to your visit
- We ask all patients to wear a mask while in our office.
- All patients will rinse with Hydrogen peroxide rinse for 1 minute prior to any dental treatment. This has shown to significantly reduce the oral bacteria & viral load.
- We have and will continue using effective isolation & high-volume evacuation suction during procedures and have put in place additional HEPA filtered air purifiers for the safety of our patients and team.
We have and continue to consistently sterilize & disinfect all non-treatment areas including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms – just like we’ve always done. Rest assured that door handles will be sanitized after each use.
If you’re one of our patients who had their re-care cancelled as a precautionary measure during the pandemic, hopefully we’ve reached you to reschedule. But if not, please call us now. We’ll fit you in at time that’s most convenient to you so that you can keep your treatment plan and your oral health on track.
In addition, we are also…
Our Focus Is On Your Safety.
As SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes Covid-19) moves through our community, it brings so many life changes, questions, and new practices at home, at work, at school, and at the dental office.
We understand that the transition back from isolating and social distancing may be awkward and even scary at first. That’s why, in addition to safety, we’re focusing on two more areas to assist you in feeling more confident, comfortable, and safe at your next appointment.
- Communication – If you have any questions whatsoever about attending our practice, please ask! One of our team members will be happy talk with you, clearly & honestly.
- Treatment Plan Fulfilment – To ensure your most beautiful & healthy smile, it’s important that we continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. We’ll be in touch to confirm your next appointment and look forward to seeing you! If you’ve missed your recall appointment while our practice was accepting emergencies only, please call now to reschedule.
We’re here to help you feel confident in receiving the dental care you want and need. Thank you for your trust and loyalty. It means so much to us!
What Is Patient Screening?
- While the threat of SARS-CoV-2 infection remains in our community, we will be screening patients before appointments by asking recent-health questions. Screening will happen twice: over the phone when we confirm your date and time, and when you arrive at the practice. To remove any mystery or anxiety around screening, here’s what we’ll be asking...
- Have you felt hot or feverish in the last 14-21 days? Do you have a fever now?
- Do you have shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties?
- Do you have a cough, typical cold symptoms, hoarse voice, fatigue, or headache?
- Any flu-like symptoms like stomach/intestinal upset?
- Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
To keep everyone safe, if you answer yes to these questions, we’ll reschedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free.
As your dentist, thank you for your understanding and for you trust and loyalty in our team.
If you’re a current patient, or a new to us, please call us at 415-922-2990 with your dental-related questions. It will be great to hear from you and see your smile soon!
Smile SF Team